We are Recruiting an Office Administrator for our Ilkeston, Derbyshire office.
Status Metrology Ltd, based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire are a leading support provider and supplier of High Precision Co-ordinate Measuring Machines. We are seeking a front of house, Office Administrator on a full-time basis to perform a variety of administrative and clerical roles. Duties include providing support to our Directors, Managers and Employees in carrying out a range of administrative and IT related tasks, primarily supporting the Operations Team.
The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organise their work using Microsoft Office tools, primarily Word and Excel.
If you also have previous experience as a secretary or administrator and familiarity within our industry, we’d like to meet you!
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Create and distribute email correspondence, letters and forms.
- Greet and welcome clients who visit the office.
- Organise meeting requirements and refreshments.
- Liaise with couriers and facilitate the dispatch of parcels.
- Be the first contact to key suppliers.
- Work with existing CRM systems and liaise with clients to ensure all parts are ordered to meet customers’ requirements.
- Organise and schedule appointments.
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers.
- Book travel arrangements, organise hire cars as well as lease vehicle servicing.
- Manage and reconcile expense reports.
- Create delivery notes.
- Purchase order raising – using SAGE.
- Liaising with insurance suppliers.
- Proven experience as an office administrator or secretary.
- Experience of working with the SAGE Accounting Software.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as franking machines and scanners.
- Proficiency in MS Office, ideally Windows 10.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong organisational proficiencies with the ability to multi-task.
- Always maintain a positive and friendly attitude.
- Work well within a team and become an integral member of the business.
- Minimum 2 Years experience within administration.
What you’ll get in return
- Full-time 9.00am to 4.30pm Mon to Thurs, 9.00am to 3.30pm Fri
- £9.42 per hour
- NEST Pension.
- 20 days leave, increasing to 21 after 2 years’ service, 2 extra days after 3 years’ service and 3 days after 4 years + Statutory.
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
What you need to do now?
Send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you’d be the right person for the job to Dean Tillett, Operations Director on email@example.com or telephone 0115 939 2228 for more details.