New Features & Opportunities From PC-DMIS 2018 R1
With every new release, it seems that the PC-DMIS metrology software package from Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence goes from strength to strength. Every update strengthens existing features, increases versatility and adds new functions. Such is the case with PC-DMIS 2018 R1, the first new release for 2018 – commercially available from 19th February.
Last year we released a free downloadable Buyers Guide To PC-DMIS, which gave an overview of the series as a whole, as well as its specialist versions for particular types of CMM. At the time, PC-DMIS 2017 R2 was the latest version of the software, with a set of innovative tools and features not found in the core 2014 version.
What’s New & Improved?
2018 R1 continues the improvement trend with the following features:
- An Optimise Path tool enhances the order of point measurement by automatically converting hits to vector points. This cuts down on the number of probe tip changes and reduces total measurement time.
- A fast QuickFeature tool allows the creation of circles and cylinders at a single click, reducing measurement time for surfaces with bolthole patterns or regularly recurring features of a similar shape and size.
- New CAD rotation widget that allows CAD rotation and resizing with a single click.
- Improved Flush & Gap AutoFeature for efficient inspection of sheet metal seams.
- Improved INSPECT feature that includes live and CAD views. Operators can import playlists of multiple routines and programme them to be carried out a set number of times.
- Expanded hardware support for laser scanners and 4K monitors.
- Improved tracking functions and UI
How To Acquire PC-DMIS 2018 R1
Newcomers to PC-DMIS can purchase the software in one of three versions:
Each version includes open software architecture that can be upgraded as your hardware and measurement requirements change. The software has an intuitive graphical UI, an extensive library of accurate measurement routines, comprehensive reporting functions and an advanced inspection wizard. PC-DMIS Pro does not require the use of CAD files or data, while CAD and CAD ++ fully incorporate CAD technology into the inspection process. There is native compatibility with CAD data of all formats, including UG, CATIA and IGES, so you can import and export files to your CMM units directly from your CAD application. You can also use PC DMIS CAD to directly create visual CAD models of varying complexity, from basic 2-D drawings to fully simulated 3-D inspection environment, all generated with precision accuracy.
If you are already a PC-DMIS user, upgrades to 2018 R1 are available now. Our team can manage the upgrade on your behalf, downloading and configuring the new software and aligning it with your existing measurement data.
Please get in touch with one of our team today to find out more.