Infographic: CMM Servicing and Maintenance Checklist
Do you know what you checks you should be performing on your CMM machine on a regular basis to ensure it is working at its full capacity? We’ve put together a checklist for you to refer back to should you need it.
Before completing daily checks, please ensure the Main Disconnect Switch is OFF. Here’s an example of some daily checks you should be taking out:
- Make a full visual inspection of the machine, looking for loose or damaged parts and taking note of any unusual noises or vibrations.
- Check for damaged or twisted cables, especially to the jog box.
- Clean the surface of the granite work table with a clear solvent and a clean, soft, lint-free cloth.
Here’s an example of some monthly checks you should be taking out:
- Visually inspect the machine for loose, worn or damaged parts. Tighten any loose screws or nuts and replace any that are missing.
- Clean and replace the electrical cabinet filters on the intake and exhaust.
Here’s an example of some 3-monthly checks you should be taking out:
- Visually check all electrical switches and push buttons to make certain they are functioning properly and there are no broken, cracked or loose components.
- Check that the air pipes are intact and that there are no leaks.
Here’s what you should be checking every 5 months:
- Replace the two (primary and secondary) filters of the pneumatic control unit.
Take a Closer Look?
Do you require servicing or maintenance to be taken out on your CMM machine? Contact Status Metrology – our customer support team are here to help you should you have any queries.
Maintaining your CMM could not be simpler… Take a closer look.