Join The Status Team! We’re Looking for an Experienced Field Service Engineer
We are synonymous with the supply and service of high precision Co-ordinated Measuring Machines (CMMs). Having recently relocated to a new facility in Ilkeston, Derbyshire due to business expansion, we have 30 years trading experience having recruited an enviable customer portfolio. To assist with the additional growth of the business we are now looking to expand our busy and dynamic Service Department capabilities.
The Role – Product Specialist
- Home and office based.
- Customer facing.
- Fault-finding, diagnosis and repair.
- Verification and calibration of CMMs (to UKAS & ISO 10360 Standards).
- Service of CMMs.
- Decommission, move and re-commission of CMMs.
- Retrofitting and re-build of CMMs.
- Upgrade and installation of CMM software and hardware.
- Accurate and concise administrative paperwork.
- Core working hours – Monday – Friday (8am to 4.30pm) – however flexibility is required.
What you’ll need to succeed
Seeking an experienced engineer with a incredibly well rounded aptitude and a positive outgoing nature. Preferably electrically inclined, but with a well-rounded comprehension of mechanical engineering also. Required for integration as a highly valued member of our existing service department and to develop our product offerings in Manual and CNC controlled high precision measuring machines.
Candidates must have an advanced competency in the workings of IT and the Microsoft Operating System. The associated CMM software package we specialise in is a global leader, Hexagon Metrology’s PC-DMIS. Experience of this is not imperative, but preferred.
The ideal entrant would have experience of electronic scematics and be proficient in soldering. Applicants should have confident customer service skills, be a willing team player and have a high level of energy. They must be willing in their ability to learn, have solid problem-solving skills and be confident under pressure. They must be looking for a long-term position with an appetite to grow within ever expanding, driven business amongst a competitive, fast paced industry.
Candidates need a full driving licence with no more than 6 points and willingness to travel extensively. You’ll need to be flexible to overnight stays, dependent on client’s geographical location and be willing for occasional travel outside of the UK.
What you’ll get in return
- £25,000 to £40,000+ pa (Negotiable depending on experience).
- Overtime outside of core hours.
- An executive level company car.
- Windows Surface, MiFi, mobile phone, fuel card, company credit card and on-site lunch allowance.
- Increasing annual holiday allowance.
- Very rarely weekend work.
What you need to do now?
Send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you’d be the right person for the job to Dean Tillett, Operations Director on email@example.com or telephone 0115 939 2228 for more details.